4.30.2013

The Week in End








Emma and I had a wonderful weekend together and Pine Cove ... this is the second Mother/Daughter weekend we've done... it was truly a good time spend together laughing, enjoying nature, talking and just being away from it all...

The moms got to hear an incredible speaker... Esther Shigley... a mom of 7 kids. She's home schooled and her kids are currently in public school. I so enjoyed gleaning from her years of parenting experience...her humble heart and practical words of wisdom. I was challenged, convicted and encouraged.

She talked to the moms about how according to Scripture, (Luke 2:52) Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man... and as we should grow in this way to... and teach our children in the same way... I've typed up my notes. If you're interested in seeing them just email me...

I was just so grateful to learn this weekend and be challenged in what I'm doing with my kiddos. You never have this whole parenting figured out. It's important to stay humble and to be teachable. I will not parent perfectly and my kids will not behave perfectly... but I when it's all said and done I want to be able to say... I was not perfect but boy did I seek the Lord's wisdom and the Godly wisdom of others in raising my kiddos...


Tonight... I have a parent meeting for middle school. My first born son is headed to middle school!!! Time is flying by so fast...

*sigh*

1 comment:

James Richmond said...

You guy's must've had a fantastic weekend by the pictures! Awesome truly awesome.

-James