3.18.2013

my dear friend... gone too soon

photo taken during choir tour summer 1997
Amy, Kim, Mimi, Jennifer and Missy

Yesterday we remembered my dear friend Jennifer Marie Murphy Martz's ... she died two weeks ago. And today - the day after her memorial service - I still can not wrap my mind around her departure from this world. I do know with certainty that she is praising God, fully whole, in heaven with her Savior.

I know this because we grew up together in school and in church. And although we didn't see eye-to-eye on everything we did agree on one thing... Jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins. And when we repent and ask him in to our hearts he forgives and adopts us as His own...

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God rasied him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with you mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." (Romans 10:9-11 NIV) 

 from our Napa trip this past summer 2012
Mimi, Kim, Jennifer, Amy and Missy

Jennifer wasn't perfect. Neither am I. It's humbling. But one thing Jennifer was... she was faithful.

She was a faithful mother to her three beautiful children.
She was a faithful employee.
She was a faithful volunteer.
She was faithful in her church.
She was a faithful friend. 

If you had the benefit of knowing her and being her friend you know exactly what I'm talking about... she was there for you. She was faithful. She would be there. She wasn't missing. You could depend on her. She simply didn't miss.

Jennifer's legacy of faithfulness will live on... her children have photos and memories and a foundation their momma gave them that will last a life time. The children she taught will have an imprint of life skills that will go on. The impact of her volunteer work will continue to bless others. Her presence and work in the church will be a legacy of faith, hard work and dedication.

The friend she was challenges me to be a better friend. We will miss Jennifer...  the hole of her missing life here on earth will hurt for a long time. But we will always experience her mark of faithfulness.

We will miss you Jennifer...

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:3-6


* * *

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

COTTAG3 said...

So sorry Kim. I went through something similar in November. It's still hard to deal with sometimes that a young friend, young mother has passed on. Your faith will get you through.