1.01.2013

One Little Word 2013


A tradition I've embraced year to year... the One Little Word... (original idea from the talented Ali Edwards) It helps encompass all your possible goals for the new year in One Little Word.

My One Little Word for 2013 is.... SONG.

Music has been missing in my life for quite some time. Sure... we listen to music on the radio. But being the wanna-be journalist I am... I constantly have the news on in the background. Being that we just left an election year you can only imagine the unnecessary stress having the news on constantly has caused myself...!

Why song?

Music is a gift. It makes you happy. It makes you smart. It is a stress reliever. It can bring you closer to the Lord.

My sweet family gave me a beautiful acoustic Yamaha guitar for Christmas... yes... so... at 40 I will learn to play the guitar. My kids are going to take piano lessons. We've already moved our piano in a better location in the house - easily accessible and less possibility of getting laundry piled up on it! We're going to embrace music, learn about musicians and have the news on less...

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song."
Psalm 28:7

"I will praise God's name in song
and glorify Him with Thanksgiving."
Psalm 69:30

"Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs."
Psalm 100:2

No comments: